Buko Pandan Salad is formed of using young coconut and screwpine leaves, locally referred to as “Pandan”. Buko Pandan and Buko Salad have similarity in texture and dairy ingredients used. However, the green gelatin which contains the aroma and flavor of the Pandan gives the excellence of the refreshing dessert.
This desserts may be a very easy and refreshing dessert. it’s always served during family gatherings and celebrations here within the Philippines and it’s originated from province of Bohol.
Buko Pandan Salad Recipe
- 8 leaves of pandan
- 5 buko young coconut grated strips meat
- 10 cups coconut water
- 2 bars of Green Gulaman
- 235ml. all purpose cream (Nestle cream)
- 1 medium can of condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups sugar to taste more sweeter
- 1 cup kaong
- In a casserole, boil coconut water together with 8 pandan leaves that are individually twisted to break the fibers to extract the juice. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pandan leaves and add gulaman, make sure you check if the remaining water is equal to 8 cups.
- Stir well to ensuring gulaman is well-dissolved
- Add sugar while mixing. Do this for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into cooling trays. Wait till it cools and hardens, then put in fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix the young coconut grated meat, kaong with the all purpose cream and condensed milk.
- Get gulaman from ref and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Mix with buko mixture.
- Served with ice cream on top for a more delectable treat (optional).
- Share and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.