Classic Filipino Polvorons are much -loved, flour and powdered milk -based, crumbly shortbread cookies. It comes in many different flavours , shapes and sizes. The most famous brand, Goldilocks, sells it in these neat boxes and makes a perfect gift. Since stacks of these polvoron are readily available in many supermarkets, malls and even the airport, it became a convenient and very much welcome souvenir to bring back to family and friends.
Classic Polvoron Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 2/3 cup sugar + 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- Toast flour in a pan for 10-15 minutes or until light browned and aromatic.
- Sift toasted flour and transfer into a big mixing bowl.
- Add Powdered milk, sugar and vanilla sugar. Stir! Stir! Stir!
- Pour melted butter over flour and milk mixture . Mix until butter is well incorporated.
- Once the mixture resembles moist meal or wet sand, then it’s ready! Use Polvoron molder if you got one . Simply fill each molder with poltroon mixture, press to make a compact cookie.
- Transfer polvoron onto a tray
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.