Coconut-Pandan salad is a dessert consisting of pandan flavored gelatin and shredded young coconut blended with cream and sweetened milk. It may be very famous in each Filipino celebration or salu-salo specially at some point of Christmas time.
Coconut-Pandan Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of chilled whipping cream
- 1/3 cups of condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of pandan extract
- 1 box of pandan-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup of shredded young coconut
- 1 cup of small sago
- 1 cup of nata de coco
- Prepare the gelatin according to the package directions. Let it set then cut into cubes.
- Prepare the small sago according to package directions. Once it looks transparent, set aside.
- Bring out your large bowl pour your whipping cream and whip it until it is thick and fluffy.
- Once you’ve done whipping the cream fold in the condensed milk, vanilla and pandan extract.
- Pour in the young coconut, small sago, pandan gelatin and nata de coco and you’re good to go.
- Serves six (6) persons | Best served chilled or frozen.
Notes on this recipe:
- As an alternative to whipping cream, you can also use all-purpose cream.
- If you do your groceries and market shopping at the supermarket like me, you’ll notice that the shredded young coconut will not be available.
- As an alternative, you can purchase a desiccated coconut.
- You can also make your own pandan gelatin. Just prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 box of unflavored gelatin
- (follow the instructions from the box then add in the last to items before it sets)
- – Pandan extract
- – Green food coloring
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.