Coconut-Pandan salad is a dessert consisting of pandan flavored gelatin and shredded young coconut blended with cream and sweetened milk. It may be very famous in each Filipino celebration or salu-salo specially at some point of Christmas time.
Coconut-Pandan Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of chilled whipping cream
- 1/3 cups of condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of pandan extract
- 1 box of pandan-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup of shredded young coconut
- 1 cup of small sago
- 1 cup of nata de coco
- Prepare the gelatin according to the package directions. Let it set then cut into cubes.
- Prepare the small sago according to package directions. Once it looks transparent, set aside.
- Bring out your large bowl pour your whipping cream and whip it until it is thick and fluffy.
- Once you’ve done whipping the cream fold in the condensed milk, vanilla and pandan extract.
- Pour in the young coconut, small sago, pandan gelatin and nata de coco and you’re good to go.
- Serves six (6) persons | Best served chilled or frozen.
Notes on this recipe:
- As an alternative to whipping cream, you can also use all-purpose cream.
- If you do your groceries and market shopping at the supermarket like me, you’ll notice that the shredded young coconut will not be available.
- As an alternative, you can purchase a desiccated coconut.
- You can also make your own pandan gelatin. Just prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 box of unflavored gelatin
- (follow the instructions from the box then add in the last to items before it sets)
- – Pandan extract
- – Green food coloring