Coffee jelly is a jelly dessert flavored with sugar and coffee.The mixture of this ingredients makes coffee jelly an distinctly easy to make dessert—it’s bouncy and chewy, milky sweet and bitter, creamy but gel-like feel. Your kids will definitely love this!
Coffee Jelly Recipe
- 5 teaspoons (1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin*
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 cups prepared hot strong coffee or espresso
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee liqueur; let stand until the gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes. Once the gelatin is softened, add hot coffee, sugar, and salt; stir the mixture until the gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear.
- Pour the coffee liquid into either eight (8) individual jello molds, custard cups, dessert glasses, or coffee cups.
- Refrigerate until the jellies are firm
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator. If poured into jello molds, unmold before serving. Add some sweetened whipped cream to the top of each jelly and serve