This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving.
Cream Cheese Flan Recipe
- 1 pack (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 5 eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 4 small molds or llanera.
- Place 2 tbsp of the sugar in each llanera.
- Set the llanera over low heat until sugar is melted and golden.
- Using tongs, move llanera repeatedly over flames to prevent sugar from burning and to distribute melting liquid on bottom of mold.
- Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at low speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add the condensed milk and evaporated milk and stir until well- combined.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow some of the foam to subside. (Alternatively, you can combine eggs, milk and cream cheese in a blender and process until smooth).
- Pour mixture into prepared the llaneras.
- Cover llaneras with foil and arrange in a wide, oven- safe dish with about 1-inch of water (water bath).
- Bake in the oven at 375 F or 190 C for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle of custard comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and refrigerate to completely set.
- When ready to serve, turn flan over on a serving plate, ending with caramel on top. Enjoy!