Buko salad, generally anglicized as younger coconut salad, is a Filipino fruit salad dessert crafted from strips of sparkling younger coconut with sweetened milk or cream and numerous different ingredients. It is one of the famous and ubiquitous Filipino desserts served throughout celebrations and fiestas.
Buko Salad Recipe
- 4cups of shredded coconut
- 30 oz of drained fruit cocktail
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 15 oz sweet corn kernels
- 12 oz kaong
- 12 oz nata de coco
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 14 oz cream
- 165 gram of eden cheese
- In a large bowl, combine coconut fruit cocktail, pineapple, corn, kaong, nata de coco, Eden cheese, condensed milk, and cream. Stir gentle to distribute.
- Chill for a few hours or freeze until firm.
- Garnish with shredded Eden cheese when ready to serve.