Leche flan is a mainstream Filipino pastry that is frequently served during unique occasions or events. It is typically made in a shape called llanera. A preparing container or ramekins may likewise be utilized. The container is fixed with caramel and finished off with custard and might be steamed utilizing the oven or prepared in a heated water shower. In the wake of preparing or steaming, the custard is cooled and afterward chilled in the cooler for a few hours or overnight.
Leche Flan Recipe
- 10 pieces raw eggs
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Remove the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
- Beat them using a fork or an egg beater.
- Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pour-in the fresh milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire.
- Put the granulated sugar into the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color.
- Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold.
- Wait for 5 minutes, then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
- Cover the top of the mold using an aluminum foil.
- Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Refrigerate when the temperature cool down after steaming.
- Serve for dessert.