Mais con Yelo or Maíz con hielo could be a creamy, sweet and refreshing dish common within the Philippines. This dessert is created by admixture whole kernel corn, milk, sugar and clean-shaven ice. Mais con yelo is one the simplest summer treats and is really refreshing.
Mais Con Yelo Recipe
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
- 2-5 tbsp. cornflakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2-5 tbsp. white sugar according to your taste
- 2-3 cups shaved or crushed
- 2 scoops vanilla, sweet corn, or mango flavored ice cream (optional)
- Crush or shave the ice using an shaved ice machine, blender, or food processor.
- Combine evaporated milk and condensed milk in a large bowl.
- Place 2 tablespoons of corn kernels in each tall glass
- Add a layer of shaved or crushed ice on top of the corn kernels.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of corn kernels followed by another layer of ice
- Add remaining corn kernels on top of the ice.
- Sprinkle crushed cornflakes on top.
- Pour-in half milk mixture into each glass then add sugar according to
- Top with a scoop of ice cream if desired.