Maja Blanca is made essentially of sweet corn with a velvety coconut milk base . It is generally known as coconut pudding and one of the top pick of most Filipinos.
Maja Blanca Recipe
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cheese cube slices
- 1/2 cup of whole corn kernel
- 1 can of condense milk
- 1 can of alaska evaporada
*Set aside some of whole corn kernel and cheese for toppings.
- Bring 2 cups coconut milk to a boil; stir constantly until oil begins to separate from the milk, about 30 minutes. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 3 tablespoons sugar to remaining milk. Continue to cook and stir until milk becomes brown and crumbly, about 30 minutes more. Remove latik from heat.
- Grease an 8-inch mold or pie dish with reserved coconut oil.
- Heat remaining 2 cups coconut milk, cream-style corn, cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, and corn kernels in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour corn mixture into prepared mold. Cool until maja blanca is set.
- Cover mold with a plate and invert maja blanca onto the plate.
- Sprinkle to top with cheese and some corn kernels.