Adobong Dilaw or Yellow Adobo is a Filipino dish which is originally made from Taal, Batangas. The dish was packed with meat, seafood and vegetables. To make it yummier, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and bay leaves were also added to the dish. People love this dish because it implies that Adobo can come in different colors and can be healthy too with the present of turmeric wherein it is also known as an effective ingredient in preventing heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and an anti-oxidant to beat arthritis and depression.
Adobong Dilaw Recipe
- 2 lbs sliced pork
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- 1 minced small yellow onion
- 1 sliced knob turmeric
- 6 crushed cloves of garlic
- 4 dried leaves
- 1 piece pork or beef cube/ 2 teaspoons of beef powder
- ½ teaspoon of granulated white sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a large cooking pot.
- Put in and saute the garlic. Wait until it is brown.
- Add the onion and saute it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put in sliced turmeric, bay leaves and peppercorn. Cook for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Cook and stir the pork until it is brown.
- Put in the pork cube or beef powder
- Add water and let it boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Pour in vinegar, cover the pot and re-boil
- Stir and add some sugar. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve and share your dish. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.