Adobong Isda is a fish stewed in vinegar and soy sauce with garlic, bay leaf, and peppercorn. Fish adobo is another variation of the ever famous Filipino adobo.
Adobong Isda Recipe
- 1 medium-sized fish, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled then minced
- 1⁄4 cup of vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup of water
- 4-5 pieces of bay leaf
- 1 red chili pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for the cooking oil and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the sugar according to your taste.
- Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn the fish over halfway through the cooking time.
- When the fish is thoroughly cooked and the sauce is has thickened remove it from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.