Adobong Kangkong or water spinach is a healthy vegetable dish cooked in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and other spices, where kangkong is the main ingredient.
Adobong Kangkong Recipe
- 1 huge bowl of kangkong (river spinach)
- 1/4 kilo of pork, cut into little pieces
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 cup pork stock (broth) or bouillon pork cube dissolved in water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onions in a enormous pan then add the pork. Allow the pork to brown and oil for a few minutes.
- Add a cup of pork stock (or bouillon cube dissolved in water or plain water), laurel leaves, soy sauce, some salt and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer then add the vinegar. Do not stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the kangkong stalks first and cook for 1 minute then add the kangkong leaves.
- Continue cooking until the vegetable is done.
- Serve warm with rice.