Adobong Manok sa Gata combines this unique Filipino dish that warms the stomach and creamy coconut milk for a extra comforting, enjoyable meal. Yes there are numerous ways to prepare this Adobong manok sa gata. With the twist of coconut cream this adobo dish could be very scrumptious and yet quite simple, easy to follow.
Adobong Manok sa Gata
- 1 kg chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorns
- In a separate pot saute garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add chicken and fry until browning occurs.Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorn, bay leaves and sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the liquid, In a separate frying pan add oil and fry the drained meat in high heat browning the sides.
- Mix coconut cream and the drained liquid together then pour the mixture in the pan.
- Add chillies.
- Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!