Adobong Tahong is a stewed green mussels in vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorn, garlic, and other condiments. The way of cooking for this recipe, is just like any adobo dish. It is so simple and easy to prepare.
Adobong Tahong Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon annatto powder
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- half of medium size white onion, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 box of Frozen New Zealand Mussels, thawed (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- sliced cilantro for garnishing
- In a large wok heat olive oil and annatto powder while stirring continuously. When oil is hot enough saute garlic until it becomes golden, about 2-3 minutes. Add onions and season with fish sauce (patis).
- Toss in the mussels and continue to saute for about a minute. Stir in the white vinegar, bay leaf and black pepper. Let it simmer for 5 minutes uncovered. Season with salt and stir. Transfer into a serving platter and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.