Adobong Tahong is a stewed green mussels in vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorn, garlic, and other condiments. The way of cooking for this recipe, is just like any adobo dish. It is so simple and easy to prepare.
Adobong Tahong Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon annatto powder
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- half of medium size white onion, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 box of Frozen New Zealand Mussels, thawed (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- sliced cilantro for garnishing
- In a large wok heat olive oil and annatto powder while stirring continuously. When oil is hot enough saute garlic until it becomes golden, about 2-3 minutes. Add onions and season with fish sauce (patis).
- Toss in the mussels and continue to saute for about a minute. Stir in the white vinegar, bay leaf and black pepper. Let it simmer for 5 minutes uncovered. Season with salt and stir. Transfer into a serving platter and garnish with chopped cilantro.