Sisig is a Filipino dish made from parts of pig head and chicken liver, usually seasoned with calamansi, onions and chili peppers. It originates from the region of Pampanga in the island of Luzon.
But today we made this sisig recipe using bangus (milkfish) instead of pork, it is more healthy and delicious, a perfect appetizer or finger food (Filipino’s pulutan).
Bangus Sisig Recipe
- 1 large bangus (cleaned)
- 5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1/2 cup crushed chicharon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 long green chili
- 1 hot chili pepper (siling labuyo)
- ground black pepper
- cooking oil
- Clean the fish and wipe with kitchen paper to dry, seasoned with ground black pepper, crushed garlic, lemon juice and soy sauce marinate bangus for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and fry the fish together with garlic,fry the fish until cook or until golden brown and light crispy.
- Drain the oil and let little cool.
- Separate fish meat from bones, shredded in small pieces.
- Add again 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce onions,chicharon, scallions, sliced hot chili, sliced long green chili and mayonnaise and mix all ingredients until well combine.
- Heat the sizzling plate and rub with butter.
- transfer the bangus sisig mixture to the hot sizzling plate, now it’s done and ready to serve please give a try and ENJOY!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.