Beef Asado is a Filipino beef stew which produced a flavorful taste from simmering the red meat slowly in a sauce with tomatoes, olives, onion, ketchup, crimson bell pepper and potatoes.
Beef Asado Recipe
- 3 lbs beef brisket or chuck, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked thick potato fries
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 (6oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the olive oil.
- Saute the onion until it becomes soft
- Add the beef. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put in the garlic powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and let it boil.
- Add the bay leaves and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes (add water if necessary).
- Add the potato fries. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice and Enjoy!