Tapa is dried or cured beef, mutton, venison or horse meat, even though different meat or maybe fish can be used. In this tapa recipe, we will be using beef. Filipinos way of preparation for tapa is by slicing the meat into thin pieces and curing those with salt and spices as a preservation method. Tapa is usually cooked fried or grilled.
Beef Tapa Recipe
- 1 kilo beef loin, very thinly sliced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper ground
- Cooking oil
- Mix together all the ingredients except the cooking oil.
- Blend well to coat beef thoroughly with the liquids and seasonings.
- Cover and let marinate inside the refrigerator for minimum of 4 hours, or even overnight.
- To cook, drain first the excess liquid from the marinade so the beef will fry and not boil in its own liquid.
- Served with fried garlic rice. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.