According to Wikipedia, Bistek or bistec is a Spanish loan word derived from the English words “beef steak” abbreviated. Bistek Tagalog is a Pinoy version of beef steak, it is a staple dish for many Filipinos. The beef is marinated in soy sauce and kalamansi juice.
Bistek Tagalog Recipe
- ½ kg beef, sliced into ½ – inch thick slices
- 3 pcs. Onions
- ¾ cup soy sauces
- 2 pcs. Calamansi, juice only
- Cooking oil
- Marinate the beef in soy sauce and calamansi for at least 15 minutes( or overnight ).
- Slice the onions into rings. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions, remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the beef.
- Add the marinade and allow to simmer until the sauce has reduced.
- Top with the onions before serving.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.