According to Wikipedia, Bistek or bistec is a Spanish loan word derived from the English words “beef steak” abbreviated. Bistek Tagalog is a Pinoy version of beef steak, it is a staple dish for many Filipinos. The beef is marinated in soy sauce and kalamansi juice.
Bistek Tagalog Recipe
- ½ kg beef, sliced into ½ – inch thick slices
- 3 pcs. Onions
- ¾ cup soy sauces
- 2 pcs. Calamansi, juice only
- Cooking oil
- Marinate the beef in soy sauce and calamansi for at least 15 minutes( or overnight ).
- Slice the onions into rings. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions, remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the beef.
- Add the marinade and allow to simmer until the sauce has reduced.
- Top with the onions before serving.