This exemplary Braised Chicken wings presented with a bowl of steamed rice is Chinese home cooking at its best. It resembles comfort nourishment for us. We trust you will check it out the recipe guide below.
Braised Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 chicken wings (about 1 kg)
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1/2 pint seasoned oil
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped spring onions
- 2 Tbsp yellow bean sauce
- 150 ml stock or water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Cut wings at the joints and discard tips (or use in chicken stock). Marinate wings in soy sauces, rice wine, and brown sugar for at least 1 hour. Deep fry for 4 minutes.
- Saute in 1 tsp oil – green onion, ginger and yellow bean sauce for 30-40 secs. Add the chicken and marinade, cook briefly (about 1 minute).
- Add stock and simmer for 8-10 mins. under cover. Remove cover turn heat high, reduce sauce until sticky. Just before turning off heat, add honey and blend well. Serve.