Century Tuna Sisig – Sisig is a famous dish made from pig ears, head, and liver; it is typically seasoned with calamansi and chili peppers. But you can’t constantly have pig ears or head at home. In this recipe, we substituted our essential ingredients with the famous canned tuna- Century tuna. It remains the same good-tasting sisig. We additionally have the same crisp with the addition of chicharon. Now, every time you need it in your meal, you may simply purchase a can of tuna from the closest shop and cook it. Yum! Craving satisfied! Ready to cook this one? Enjoy!
Century Tuna Sisig Recipe
- Large Can (420g) Century Tuna Flakes in Oil
- 2 pcs Large Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 pc Red Chili/Labuyo (chopped)
- 1 pc Chili Finger (ring)
- 1/2 tsp Grind Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Liquid Seasoning (maggie or knorr)
- 1/2 tbsp Calamansi Juice
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pork Chicharon
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- Drain canned tuna using strainer
- Pan fry the tuna until slightly brown and crispy. Note! make sure you removed all of the liquid before pan frying to avoid splashing of oil.
- Drain to remove excess oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl (except cooked tuna and crushed chicharon)
- Give a little mix and add the cooked tuna, mix well.
- Last add the crushed chicharon.