Chicken Caldereta – Caldereta comes from the Spanish word “caldera” which means caudron. It refers to a dish of meat stewed in a pot. Traditionally, goat meat is used along with tomato paste, liver spread, red bell pepper and potatoes. It is a popular dish served during special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, fiestas and other festivities.
Chicken Caldereta or Kaldereta Recipe
- 500 gms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 250g tomato sauce
- 1 small can liver spread
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Fry potatoes in cooking oil. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken and cook until light brown. Stir in water and fish sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, liver spread, and potatoes.
- Add red bell pepper and season with salt and pepper.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.