Pinoy Chicken Curry is one of the easiest curry dishes you’ll ever cook. Made with only a handful of culinary elements which includes coconut milk, curry, and ginger. It’s rich, creamy, and savory with a touch of sweetness. For sure your family will surely love this creamy and delicious recipe!
Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (3 pounds) bone-in chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add carrots and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Remove excess oil from pan except for about 1 tablespoon. Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 to 40 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a simmer.. skimming any scum that may float on top.
- lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add curry powder and stir to combine. Continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute or until tender yet crisp. Serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.