Pinoy Chicken Curry is one of the easiest curry dishes you’ll ever cook. Made with only a handful of culinary elements which includes coconut milk, curry, and ginger. It’s rich, creamy, and savory with a touch of sweetness. For sure your family will surely love this creamy and delicious recipe!
Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (3 pounds) bone-in chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add carrots and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Remove excess oil from pan except for about 1 tablespoon. Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 to 40 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a simmer.. skimming any scum that may float on top.
- lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add curry powder and stir to combine. Continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute or until tender yet crisp. Serve hot.