This Chicken Feet Caldereta is another version of the famous Pinoy caldereta recipe. It’s just like any other caldereta cooking process, the difference is the main ingredients – which in this case, we are using the chicken feet.
Chicken Feet Caldereta Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken feet, cleaned and cooked thoroughly
- 1/4 cup vinegar or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 grams tomato sauce
- 1 small can liver spread
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubed
- 2 pieces red and green bell pepper, cut into cubed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated or cubed
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cut into cubed(optional)
- 2 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped(optional)
- 2 pieces bay leaf(optional)
1. Clean the chicken feet thoroughly.
2. Cook it in low heat until well done. (We cook it at least 5 hours in low heat) or use a pressure cooker, would only take an hour or less to achieve the right tenderness you want.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions until translucent.
2. Add cooked chicken feet and continue sauteing until light brown.
3. Pour some broth, tomato sauce then simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add liver spread, potatoes, carrots, chili and bell pepper then cook for 2 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add grated cheese. Mix until cheese has melted.
6. Remove from heat then serve hot with steamed rice.