This Chicken Feet Caldereta is another version of the famous Pinoy caldereta recipe. It’s just like any other caldereta cooking process, the difference is the main ingredients – which in this case, we are using the chicken feet.
Chicken Feet Caldereta Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken feet, cleaned and cooked thoroughly
- 1/4 cup vinegar or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 grams tomato sauce
- 1 small can liver spread
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubed
- 2 pieces red and green bell pepper, cut into cubed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated or cubed
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cut into cubed(optional)
- 2 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped(optional)
- 2 pieces bay leaf(optional)
1. Clean the chicken feet thoroughly.
2. Cook it in low heat until well done. (We cook it at least 5 hours in low heat) or use a pressure cooker, would only take an hour or less to achieve the right tenderness you want.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions until translucent.
2. Add cooked chicken feet and continue sauteing until light brown.
3. Pour some broth, tomato sauce then simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add liver spread, potatoes, carrots, chili and bell pepper then cook for 2 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add grated cheese. Mix until cheese has melted.
6. Remove from heat then serve hot with steamed rice.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.