This homemade chicken gravy for that warm homely feeling you need as the mercury dips.
Chicken Gravy Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken legs and thighs
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 pandan leaves, folded and tied
- 4-5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- pinch white pepper
- pinch black pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1-1/2 tablespoon butter
- half a bulb of minced garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Sautee garlic and onion in oil, then add the chicken, water, potatoes, bouillon cubes, pandan leaves, black and white pepper, salt, rosemary, thyme and butter.
- Bring to a boil. Boil uncovered for 30 minutes and then add the flour/water mixture. Continue boiling for the next 45 minutes uncovered. We know that’s a long time, but as with my other recipes, We like to boil chicken a long time. The meat is close to falling off the bone, but that’s the way we like it.
- You might also end up with a lot of sauce, but that’s also the way we like it. You can reduce the initial amount of water if you like, and just add more if the sauce reduces too much.