Escabeche is typically a dish marinated and cooked in an acidic mixture (commonly vinegar) and coloured with a paprika or saffron. Try this simple and easy recipe on how to cooked this Fish (tilapia).
- 1 whole Tilapia – – at least a pound
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch – dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup ginger
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (optional, for coloring)
- Season fish with salt. Heat oil in a frying pan and once oil is hot, fry fish one side of at a time until golden brown. Remove fish from pan and place it on a serving plate.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic, ginger, and onion in 2 tablespoon oil. Add carrots and bell peppers. Pour in vinegar and dissolved cornstarch and add sugar and ketchup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until sauce thickens while stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce into the fried fish and serve.