This fish steak recipe is a lot similar to a bistek recipe, a dish known in the Philippines. It is one that is cooked with soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi) and sugar. Instead of beef or pork however, we will replace the main ingredient of the dish with fish.
Fish Steak Recipe
- fish fillets
- freshly ground black peppers, to season
- salt, to season
- garlic, 5-7 cloves, crushed and chopped
- soy sauce, ¼ cup
- water, 3-4 tbsp
- sugar, 1 ½ tsp
- lemon juice, ½ of the whole lemon
- onion, 1 whole cut into rings
- cooking oil, 2-3 tbsp
1. Season the fish with black peppers and salt.
2. Marinate for at least 10 minutes.
3. Put oil in a heated pan.
4. Fry the fish in the pan for about 3-4 minutes under medium heat.
5. Lower the heat and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
6. Let it rest. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!