Ginataang Biya is a Filipino comfort food cooked in coconut milk. It uses a fish named “Biya” – a freshwater fish which usually found in any rivers of the Philippines. Cooking this fish is just like any other ginataang recipe like Ginataang Tulingan.
Ginataang Isdang Biya Recipe
- 6 medium size biya
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 fresh hot peppers
- 6 okra cut into halves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup thick coconut milk
- yellow ginger
- salt to taste
- Clean fish and cut into desired sizes.
- Sprinkle with salt and place fish in pot.
- Add ginger, okra, vinegar and pepper.
- Let boil.
- Add coconut milk and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- (Mustard may be added instead of okra. It depends to your choice if any of this is available).
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!