Ginataang langka, is a Filipino vegetable stew made from unripe jackfruit in coconut milk and spices. The dish includes a wide variety of secondary ingredients like seafood, meat, and other vegetables. The dish also commonly adds bagoong alamang and may be spiced with chilis or soured with vinegar.
Ginataang Langka Recipe
- 1/4 kg. Porkloin/Pritong Isda/Daing, sliced thinly
- 1/2 kg. Unripened Jackfruit or Breadfruit(Kamansi)
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Shrimp Paste
- Ginger, minced
- 2-3 Long Chili Peppers (Siling Pangsigang))
- Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil for Sauteing
- Saute the garlic, ginger and onion in 1 tablespoon oil, then add the pork/pritong isda/daing, cooking until slightly browned.
- Mix in the shrimp paste and jackfruit or kamansi and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil then turn the heat down to simmer until the vegetable is slightly tender, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream to thicken the sauce, together with the long chili peppers.
- Season with salt (as needed) and ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice.