Ginataang Isda (Tulingan) is a Filipino fish stew crafted from fish and leafy veggies in coconut milk with garlic, ginger, onion, patis or bagoong alamang, and salt and pepper. It is a kind of ginataan. A usual variation of the dish, referred to as ginataang paksiw na isda or paksiw na isda sa gata, is cookied with soured vinegar.
Ginataang Tulingan Recipe
- 500 grams Tulingan fish (mackerel)
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Onions chopped
- 1 small Ginger chopped
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon msg
- ¼ black ground pepper
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 pieces medium eggplant
- 3 pieces chili finger
- 1 bunch bokchoy (or malunngay leaves)
- In a pot arrange sliced tulingan side by side , put in garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, salt, msg and vinegar.
- Simmer under medium heat for atleast 10-15 minutes or until vinegar is evaporated.
- Add coconut milk, chili finger, eggplant, and bokchoy then simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thicken.(Under medium heat)
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!!!