Ginataang Isda (Tulingan) is a Filipino fish stew crafted from fish and leafy veggies in coconut milk with garlic, ginger, onion, patis or bagoong alamang, and salt and pepper. It is a kind of ginataan. A usual variation of the dish, referred to as ginataang paksiw na isda or paksiw na isda sa gata, is cookied with soured vinegar.
Ginataang Tulingan Recipe
- 500 grams Tulingan fish (mackerel)
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Onions chopped
- 1 small Ginger chopped
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon msg
- ¼ black ground pepper
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 pieces medium eggplant
- 3 pieces chili finger
- 1 bunch bokchoy (or malunngay leaves)
- In a pot arrange sliced tulingan side by side , put in garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, salt, msg and vinegar.
- Simmer under medium heat for atleast 10-15 minutes or until vinegar is evaporated.
- Add coconut milk, chili finger, eggplant, and bokchoy then simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thicken.(Under medium heat)
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!!!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.