Ginisang Giniling may be a Filipino dish that uses ground meat. This dish is one among the simplest Filipino recipe that’s economical, delicious and made with simple ingredients. Ginisang Giniling is sauteed ground meat cooked in spaghetti sauce and basic vegetables like potato, carrots, bell pepper.
Ginisang Giniling Recipe
- 500 g minced pork or beef
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion – sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes – sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground black peppers
- 1/4 cup hot water (optional)
- Saute garlic and onion until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook until tomatoes are limp.
- Add the minced meat, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes until all the meat has changed colour.
- If it is drying out too much add the hot water. Simmer in low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain half of the cooked meat into a container. Let cool.
- Keep the other half in the saucepan or in a container with the remaining sauce.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.