Ginisang Repolyo or Sauteed Cabbage is a simple Filipino vegetable dish of stir-fried cabbage. Ground pork or shrimp are sometimes added.
Ginisang Repolyo Recipe
- 1 head repolyo (cabbage)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lb. pork, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shrimps, shelled and deveined (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash cabbage well. Drain and sliced. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Stir-fry pork for about 3-5 minutes or until the color is no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until it becomes soft and wilted.
- Add shrimps (if using) and cook for another minute.
- Pour in broth or water. Season to taste.
- Bring to boil and then simmer. Add sliced cabbage and stir for a few minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender (being careful not to over cook it).
- Correct the seasoning. Remove from heat and serve.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.