Ginisang Repolyo or Sauteed Cabbage is a simple Filipino vegetable dish of stir-fried cabbage. Ground pork or shrimp are sometimes added.
Ginisang Repolyo Recipe
- 1 head repolyo (cabbage)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lb. pork, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shrimps, shelled and deveined (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash cabbage well. Drain and sliced. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Stir-fry pork for about 3-5 minutes or until the color is no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until it becomes soft and wilted.
- Add shrimps (if using) and cook for another minute.
- Pour in broth or water. Season to taste.
- Bring to boil and then simmer. Add sliced cabbage and stir for a few minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender (being careful not to over cook it).
- Correct the seasoning. Remove from heat and serve.