Grilled squid is a pretty famous dish right here in the Philippines. They are chewy delicious and very easy to prepare and served both as an appetizer or as a part of the primary meal. One challenge really is by finding a really fresh squid, because frozen squid have a fishy odor and taste.
Grilled Squid Recipe
- Tube Squid
- Calamansi or Lemon
- Margarine or butter
- Soy Sauce
- Chili Pepper
- Cut tomatoes and onions into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide tomato-onion mixture and stuff each of the squid.
- Add salt and pepper at the outside of the squid. Sprinkle with calamansi or lemon juice.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes. Put in the stuffed squid and oven baked for 15 minutes in 200 degrees. Brushed the outside of the squid with margarine or butter after 5 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce: In a bowl, half of the tomato-onion mixture, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and chili peppers. Stir together until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Served and Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.