Grilled squid is a pretty famous dish right here in the Philippines. They are chewy delicious and very easy to prepare and served both as an appetizer or as a part of the primary meal. One challenge really is by finding a really fresh squid, because frozen squid have a fishy odor and taste.
Grilled Squid Recipe
- Tube Squid
- Calamansi or Lemon
- Margarine or butter
- Soy Sauce
- Chili Pepper
- Cut tomatoes and onions into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide tomato-onion mixture and stuff each of the squid.
- Add salt and pepper at the outside of the squid. Sprinkle with calamansi or lemon juice.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes. Put in the stuffed squid and oven baked for 15 minutes in 200 degrees. Brushed the outside of the squid with margarine or butter after 5 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce: In a bowl, half of the tomato-onion mixture, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and chili peppers. Stir together until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Served and Enjoy!