Hardinera – In Quezon Province, they call this hardinera. In the Visayas, it is embutido. We got this recipe when we watched one of the episodes of Kapuso mo, Jessica Sojo, our favorite Saturday night show. We have cooked this recipe and our kids find it appetizing. We think by adding more pineapple chunks and its syrup will make it more flavorful. Just like embutido that is usually served during fiesta, you can prepare several hardineras for give aways. So try this out…
Hardinera (embutido) Recipe
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1 cup carrots, cubed
- 1 cup pickles, cubed
- 1 cup luncheon meat. cubed
- 1 cup hotdog, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1 cup cream of mushroom (powder)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- cooking oil for sauteeing
- You will also need some llaneras (molders), aluminum foil and steamer
- Sautee the ground pork in onion and garlic. Then add the liver spread. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine carrots, pickles, luncheon meat, hotdog, pineapple, all-purpose cream, cream of mushroom and pork mixture.
- Beat the eggs and add it to the mixture. Then add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture in a llanera, cover with aluminum foil then steam for 2 hours. Serve with hard boiled eggs. (Another variation is place uncooked egg and some pineapple chunks at the bottom of the llanera before putting the pork mixture.)
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.