Inihaw na Liempo or Grilled Pork Belly is a very popular and easy to prepare Filipino dish wherein pork belly are marinated in soy sauce and lemon before grilling.
Inihaw na Liempo Recipe
- 1 kilo pork belly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece lemon (or 3 to 4 pieces calamansi)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the meat and marinate for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill the pork pieces for about 10 minutes on each side or until it is done without burning it.
- Baste the meat with the marinade to keep it moist and juicy.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!