Kalabasa Lumpia – During squash season in the Philippines, farmers find it difficult what to do with their extra squash. If they dump their extra squash in the market, it would terribly lower the price. Many farmers would just leave the squash to rot in the gardens. Well, here’s one recipe idea to try in your kichen, squash lumpia:
Kalabasa Lumpia Recipe
- 2 cups squash, grated
- 2 tbsp kinchay, chopped
- lumpia wrappe
- salt to taste
- msg (optional)
- cornstarch paste
- 3 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 piece siling labuyo, crushed
- 1 drop yellow food color (or atchuete extract)
- Mix together squash, kinchay in a bowl, season with salt, msg and mix well.
- Put a tablespoon of mixture in lumpia wrapper and roll.
- Seal edges with cornstarch paste.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon sauce or catsup.
To prepare the lemon sauce:
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and cook until thick