Kalderetang Kambing is a Filipino original dish made from a goat meat, potatoes, and carrots braised in a liver sauce and tomato. This is one of the favorite of many Filipinos and always present in during holidays and fiestas.
Kalderetang Kambing Recipe
- 1 lb goat meat
- 2 c vinegar
- 1/4 c garlic (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 medium sized onion (chopped)
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 1/2 c olive oil (or cooking oil for sauteing)
- 6-8 pieces of green olives
- 1/2 c red wine
- 1-2 pieces bay leaf
- 1/4 c red and green bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/4 green peas
- 1/4 c liver (cooked and chopped)
- 1 red hot chili pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 c grated cheese (gouda)
- sliced potatoes, carrots, olives (optional)
1. Marinate the meat in vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper overnight to remove gamey smell.
2. The next day, drain all the liquid and cook in oil until brown. Set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, add oil. Over medium heat, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes. Add tomato sauce, liver and meat. Stir in the red wine and simmer until meat is tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for an additional 10-20 minutes. Season to taste.