Kinilaw na Tuna is the best recipe for fish lover out there! It is abundant in the southern part of the Philippines that they export it to foreign countries. If you go the General Santos City you will surely get them fresh and enjoy whatever way of cooking you desire.
Kinilaw na Tuna Recipe
- 2 lbs tuna; skinned, deboned, and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red chilies, chopped
- Place the cubed tuna meat in a large bowl then pour-in 3/4 cups of vinegar.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then gently squeeze the tuna by placing a spoon on top applying a little pressure.
- Gently wash the tuna meat with vinegar. Drain all the vinegar once done. This will help reduce the fishy smell.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar, calamansi or lemon juice, ginger, salt, ground black pepper, and red chilies then mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with minced red onions and serve (you may also add the red onions with the rest of the ingredients in step 4).
- Share and enjoy!