Kinulob na Manok is also known as stewed whole chicken. The whole chicken is cooked in a deep pan or casserole, and boil it with various ingredients until the chicken is done.
Kinulob na Manok Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 kilo chicken gizzards
- 250 grams tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 240 ml pineapple juice
- 250 grams bacon, chopped
- 2 pcs. Chinese sausage, sliced into coins
- 1 big white onion, chopped
- 4 pcs. bay leaves
- 1 chicken cube or 1 sachet ginisa flavor mix
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- black pepper (to taste)
- Place the chicken in the center of a deep casserole or any deep pan that you can cover. Add all other ingredients in the casserole. Make sure the casserole is small enough for the liquid to completely cover the chicken. Turn on the stove at high heat. When it boils, turn down the heat to medium, and cooked, covered, for at least an hour and a half.
- That’s kind of long and the chicken is close to falling apart, but it tastes great!
- Remove the chicken and place on a serving tray, but let the remaining liquid to boil for 10-15 minutes to allow it to reduce into a thick sauce.
- On the plate, surround the chicken with the sausages, gizzards, bacon and pour the sauce generously over everything. Serve with hot rice!