Honey Garlic Chicken – Koreans have honey, butter and garlic- flavoured chips, breads, pastries, sweets, nuts, rice cakes, anchovies, lobsters, scallops, shrimps and or course in their staple guilty pleasure, their fried chicken. We might have missed out other delicious stuff which they drench in this sweet and tangy sauce but we will be very happy to give it a try.
This golden brown, twice fried, drenched in butter chicken is not the healthiest thing I put in my mouth, but my, it certainly is one of the yummiest! Sinfully delicious and irresistibly addicting.
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- chicken drumstick, about 800 marinated in :
- 5 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. rice wine
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup raw peanuts oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Marinate chicken in minced garlic,salt and pepper , rice wine for 15-20 minutes. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and the egg. Coat chicken well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan/deep fryer. Deep fry for about 12 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, fry the peanuts around 1-2 minutes. Take chicken and peanuts out of the hot oil , drain and set aside.
- Turn the heat to high, fry the chicken again until golden brown or until the the skin crisps. Took me 12-15 more minutes. If you are using smaller pieces of chicken, adjust cooking time.
- In a separate pan/wok, heat all the sauce ingredients and cook until bubbly/ foamy.
- Put twice fried, crispy chicken along with the peanuts and toss until each chicken piece is well coated in Honey-Butter-Garlic sauce. Serve with Pickled daikon and enjoy with lots of beer, like Koreans do.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.