Laing is a stewed taro leaves in coconut milk, season with shrimp paste or fish bagoong and spiced with red hot chilies or siling laboyo. It is a regional Filipino recipe from Bicol region.
- 25 pcs gabi (taro leaves) dried and shredded
- cooking oil
- 1/2 kilo pork, diced
- 1/4 cup shrimp bagoong
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red onions chopped
- 2 small ginger, minced
- 5 red siling labuyo (hot chilies) sliced
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- salt to taste
- In a cooking pot, saute garlic, ginger and onions then add the pork.
Mix in the gabi leaves.
- Pour in the coconut milk (gata) and bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add red hot chilies, bagoong, salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and continue to simmer until oil comes out of the cream. Serve and enjoy.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.