Laing is a stewed taro leaves in coconut milk, season with shrimp paste or fish bagoong and spiced with red hot chilies or siling laboyo. It is a regional Filipino recipe from Bicol region.
- 25 pcs gabi (taro leaves) dried and shredded
- cooking oil
- 1/2 kilo pork, diced
- 1/4 cup shrimp bagoong
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red onions chopped
- 2 small ginger, minced
- 5 red siling labuyo (hot chilies) sliced
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- salt to taste
- In a cooking pot, saute garlic, ginger and onions then add the pork.
Mix in the gabi leaves.
- Pour in the coconut milk (gata) and bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add red hot chilies, bagoong, salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and continue to simmer until oil comes out of the cream. Serve and enjoy.