Langka Salad – This salad may be a tropical salad made up of boiled unripe jackfruit and tossed with tomatoes and onion and coconut milk as dressing. Langka is delicious cooked as preserves for halo-halo or eaten bare soaked in a bed of ice.
Langka Salad Recipe
- 3 cups sliced jackfruit
- seed not fully developed
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup grated green mangoes
- 1 glass coconut cream (first coconut milk)
- 1 cup shreded smoked tuna fish
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- Boil the jackfriut till tender.
- Squeeze out the liquid to drain.
- Mix vinegar and coconut milk.
- Salt to taste.
- Garnish with the leaves of green onions, or leeks and tomatoes.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.