Langka Salad – This salad may be a tropical salad made up of boiled unripe jackfruit and tossed with tomatoes and onion and coconut milk as dressing. Langka is delicious cooked as preserves for halo-halo or eaten bare soaked in a bed of ice.
Langka Salad Recipe
- 3 cups sliced jackfruit
- seed not fully developed
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup grated green mangoes
- 1 glass coconut cream (first coconut milk)
- 1 cup shreded smoked tuna fish
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- Boil the jackfriut till tender.
- Squeeze out the liquid to drain.
- Mix vinegar and coconut milk.
- Salt to taste.
- Garnish with the leaves of green onions, or leeks and tomatoes.