Lapaz Batchoy – ah! An all-time favorite Ilonggo “pamahaw”. So mouth-watering! Almost all restos and eateries in Iloilo and Negros serve batchoy. Almost all of them claim to serve the original Lapaz batchoy. Anyone who comes to Iloilo cannot leave without savoring Ted’s Original Lapaz batchoy or Deco’s Original Lapaz batchoy. We have our own recipe for batchoy. Original or not, our family just love this version of batchoy – they crave for it.
Lapaz Batchoy Recipe
- ½ kilo pork (with some bones)
- ¼ kilo pork/beef liver
- some quail’s eggs
- 1 head garlic (minced)
- spring onions (minced)
- cooking oil
- 2 pork cubes (we prefer knorr)
- some fresh eggs (for special batchoy. But this is optional)
- 2 kilos fresh noodles (available in public markets. You may use miswa or sothanghon)
- cooked ginamos (shrimp paste, this is optional if you have allergy),
- ground black pepper
- ground pork chicharon
- Fry garlic in little oil under low fire until brown. Be sure to turn the garlic continuously to avoid scorching. Set aside.
- In a big “caldero” or pot, boil pork and liver for about 15 minutes. Remove from fire and separate the pork and liver, Cut pork and liver into thin strips. While doing this, boil again the pork stock with the bones. You may add more water. Season with pork cubes, salt, cooked shrimp paste and pepper.
- In a bowl, put some fresh noodles. On it, place some strips of pork, liver and some quail’s eggs. Pour some boiling hot pork stock. Top with lots of fried garlic, spring onion and chicharon. You may add fresh egg (minus its shell, of course) to give the soup that creamy look and taste.
- Serve with puto or monay bread.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.