Lechon paksiw is simple and so easy to make. It is a great meal accompanied by salad or a vegetable dish. Lechon means a roast, while paksiw is a Filipino cooking method of stewing meat in vinegar. This dish is more or less a way of recycling pork lechon using the roasted meat and its accompanying liver sauce.
Lechon Paksiw Recipe
- 500 g roast pork – cut into roughly 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup lechon liver sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan (preferably non-metal).
- Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes or until meat is very tender.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.