Lechon paksiw is simple and so easy to make. It is a great meal accompanied by salad or a vegetable dish. Lechon means a roast, while paksiw is a Filipino cooking method of stewing meat in vinegar. This dish is more or less a way of recycling pork lechon using the roasted meat and its accompanying liver sauce.
Lechon Paksiw Recipe
- 500 g roast pork – cut into roughly 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup lechon liver sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan (preferably non-metal).
- Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes or until meat is very tender.