Lomi – It’s been raining an awful lot lately and there’s just something about noodles that makes it such a treat on rainy weathers. So here’s the recipe for Lomi:
- 1 kilo fresh lomi
- 1 cup carrots strips
- 1 cup sayote strips
- 1/2 cup diced pork meat or any meat of your choice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- patis or salt
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup slurry (cornstarch dissolved in water)
- 1 egg
- Saute the onions and garlic.
- Add in the pork or meat of choice.
- Add a little pepper and some patis or salt
- Add the chicken broth.
- As soon your broth boils, Add in your vegetables.
- When the broth boils a second time, add in your lomi noodles.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes and season according to taste.
- Add in your slurry. The slurry helps make your soup a little sticky so your noodles won’t absorb all that soup.
- Add one egg before serving.
- Serve hot!
Note: Before you start cooking, soak your lomi noodles in water first to get rid of the oily-ness. Wash it carefully in running water.