This Oven Baked Garlic Chicken is so delicious. We found this recipe online and try to cook it in our own. We are passionate and enthusiastic to try anything we’ve found interesting in the internet. The original version has less sauce or gravy on it, it’s actually a roast. Since we love delicious sauces, we make our version almost braised-like. Nevertheless, It was so yummy! We love one pot dishes, having a beautiful cast iron skillet allows us cook, bake and serve the this dish in no time. From the pan to the table!
Oven Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- whole head ( large) garlic, peeled
- about 1 kg of chicken thigh and leg skin on and seasoned well with salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- juice of 1 large lemon
- chopped parsley
- Put oven proof pan under low medium heat. Add oil and butter, once hot enough, pan fry garlic cloves until golden brown and aromatic. Take garlic out from the pan and set aside.
- Turn heat to high, fry seasoned chicken 5 minutes on each side. The skin has to crisp up.
- Add herbes de provence into the chicken. Put pan fried garlic back into the pan.
- Put pan in a pre-heated oven 190° c and bake chicken for half and hour or until chicken is cooked. To test, prick the thickest part of the meat with tip of the knife, if the juice comes out clean the it’s done.
- Take chicken and garlic cloves out from the pan, put pan back on the stove, heat to medium high, sprinkle flour. Then deglaze pan using chicken stock and lemon juice. Test taste, season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Put chicken and garlic back and bring to a short boil, garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with pasta, crusty bread, potato or rice dishes and green salad. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.