This is a Filipino dish in which paksiw, is a way of cooking with vinegar. Most of the time, many use bangus (milk fish) in their recipe however you could additionally use any kind of fish which includes galunggong (round scad), Kanduli (Salmon catfish) etc. You also can use a few sort of veggies on this recipe like talong (eggplant), okra (lady’s fingers), ampalaya (bitter gourd).
Paksiw na Bangus Recipe
- 1 pc whole bangus (milkfish) scaled, cleaned, cut into 6 to 7 slices
- 3 pcs small, round eggplant, quartered
- 1 pc small ampalaya (bitter gourd), sliced
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup ginger, pounded and sliced
- 3 tbsps garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 2 tsps salt
- In a saucepan, combine together all ingredients except eggplant.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and ampalaya, and simmer until the vegetable is cooked.Serve hot and enjoy.