Paksiw na Pata is originally a Filipino dish made from sweet and sour pork cooked in vinegar and soy sauce. Paksiw is a Filipino cooking method with vinegar or kamias resulted to a sour taste. Some folks put a little twist of sweetness by adding saging na saba to its taste.
Paksiw na Pata Recipe
- 500 g pork pata
- 4 pcs fried saba bananas, cut into 2 parts
- 1 bunch dried banana blossoms
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peppercorn
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp patis (for dipping)
- Place all the ingredients except saba bananas) in a pressure cooker.
- Apply heat and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add- in the fried saba bananas.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, until the sauce has reduced to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with patis and steamed white rice. Enjoy!