Paksiw na Pata is originally a Filipino dish made from sweet and sour pork cooked in vinegar and soy sauce. Paksiw is a Filipino cooking method with vinegar or kamias resulted to a sour taste. Some folks put a little twist of sweetness by adding saging na saba to its taste.
Paksiw na Pata Recipe
- 500 g pork pata
- 4 pcs fried saba bananas, cut into 2 parts
- 1 bunch dried banana blossoms
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peppercorn
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp patis (for dipping)
- Place all the ingredients except saba bananas) in a pressure cooker.
- Apply heat and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add- in the fried saba bananas.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, until the sauce has reduced to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with patis and steamed white rice. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.