Papaitan is a Filipino soup made with goat or beef meat, liver, hearth and kidney and other beef innards stewed with ginger and flavored with bile.
- 1 kg of goat innards (liver, intestine, blood (cooked), kidney, heart , pancreas)
- 1 table spoon bile
- 1/2 cup of goat semi digested grass from stomach
- 2 inches ginger, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bulb onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoon of oil for sauteing
- 1 cup of tamarind broth (boil 10 pcs of tamarind fruit until I become soft, filter the broth) or you may use 1 small pack (20gms) of tamarind powder which is always available in the market.
- Salt to taste
- Put goat internals in a casserole. Put enough water and boil for about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from casserole and discard the water.
- Chop all the internals into small pieces. Set aside
- Saute garlic, ginger, and onions.
- Add bile and semi-digested grass. Continue sauteing for about one minute.
- Add chopped goat innards. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and put into boiling.
- Add tamarind broth and mix. Lower down heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Seasoned with salt.
- Serve hot