Papaitan is a Filipino soup made with goat or beef meat, liver, hearth and kidney and other beef innards stewed with ginger and flavored with bile.
- 1 kg of goat innards (liver, intestine, blood (cooked), kidney, heart , pancreas)
- 1 table spoon bile
- 1/2 cup of goat semi digested grass from stomach
- 2 inches ginger, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bulb onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoon of oil for sauteing
- 1 cup of tamarind broth (boil 10 pcs of tamarind fruit until I become soft, filter the broth) or you may use 1 small pack (20gms) of tamarind powder which is always available in the market.
- Salt to taste
- Put goat internals in a casserole. Put enough water and boil for about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from casserole and discard the water.
- Chop all the internals into small pieces. Set aside
- Saute garlic, ginger, and onions.
- Add bile and semi-digested grass. Continue sauteing for about one minute.
- Add chopped goat innards. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and put into boiling.
- Add tamarind broth and mix. Lower down heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Seasoned with salt.
- Serve hot
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.