Pinangat na isda, also called pangat na isda, is a Filipino dish from Southern Luzon consisting of fish and tomatoes stewed in a broth soured with fruits like calamansi, bilimbi, tamarind, or santol. It can also be used to cook shrimp. It is similar to sinigang, but it is not as tart.
Pinangat na Isda Recipe
- 3 medium tilapia (tidy, scaled & halved) or any other fish
- 2 little ampalaya (quartered)
- 2 small eggplants (quartered)
- 1 small ginger (crushed)
- 4 pieces long green pepper
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon patis (fish sauce)
1. In a casserole, arrange vegetables at the bottom.
2. Add in fish, long green pepper and ginger.
3. Pour in vinegar and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and pour in water.
5. Allow cooking and season with patis.
6. Serve hot.