Pinangat na isda, also called pangat na isda, is a Filipino dish from Southern Luzon consisting of fish and tomatoes stewed in a broth soured with fruits like calamansi, bilimbi, tamarind, or santol. It can also be used to cook shrimp. It is similar to sinigang, but it is not as tart.
Pinangat na Isda Recipe
- 3 medium tilapia (tidy, scaled & halved) or any other fish
- 2 little ampalaya (quartered)
- 2 small eggplants (quartered)
- 1 small ginger (crushed)
- 4 pieces long green pepper
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon patis (fish sauce)
1. In a casserole, arrange vegetables at the bottom.
2. Add in fish, long green pepper and ginger.
3. Pour in vinegar and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and pour in water.
5. Allow cooking and season with patis.
6. Serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.