Pininyahang Manok or Pineapple Chicken is a creamy and delicious Filipino recipe together with chicken marinated in pineapple juice and cooked in coconut milk with carrots, potatoes, bell peppers and chunks of pineapple. This sweetened and tangy Filipino chicken dish is flavorful and so appetizing that your whole family will surely love.
Pininyahang Manok Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into serving parts
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup table cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic to pan and cook until softened. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer until chicken is tender (chicken will release its own juices).
- Add pineapples and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.